Thursday, June 18, 2009

Woooo!!! I did it!!!

So last night was my friend Ian's birthday dinner. I checked out the menu ahead of time and narrowed my dinner down to two choices:

1. Chicken Caesar Salad
2. Chicken Breast Dinner

I ended up ordering the Chicken Breast Dinner which came with mini red potatoes and veggies. I made sure to ask that they didn't put any additional sauces or butter/oil on my meal and I sneaked in my own margarine for the potatoes!

It was SO good and I didn't go overboard with all the other options that were available (and trust me...I was tempted a few times!)

I had one piece of sourdough bread that they brought fresh to the table with homemade basil salsa (even though I could have had the whole loaf...of which they brought 3 loaves for the SIX of us!)

Before we got there I decided (and also told Shane) that I wasn't going to have dessert, and that if he wanted some I would just have a teeny bite of his and that was it! I ended up ordering Sorbet, but somewhere along the line the waiter forgot about it...so I took that as a sign and didn't remind him. I'm feeling really proud of myself! Rarely do I stick with my pre-determined choices when I go to a restaurant. I'm going to just try to remember this feeling this weekend when I have another dinner out with a friend coming to visit from Ottawa!

Tomorrow is weigh in, and the scale hasn't budged all week. I'm hoping for at least a STS (stays the same) from last week...if not, I'll just work harder next week!

Thanks for reading!
Andrea♥

No comments:

Post a Comment